I’m on Google+!
I have been exploring the possibilities of Google+. I’m still not entire sure what to do with it, but I think it has a lot of potential, especially for bloggers. I love the idea of being able to sort people into circles based on their relationship to you and it is really easy to sort people (much easier than it is in that other major social network site).
Here are a few articles that I used to get me started with Google+:
Here is a checklist of things to do once you have a Google+ account for your blog or business:
- Add the +1 button to your posts. I installed the Google+ Plugin for wordpress so that this happens automatically.
- Add the Google+ link button to connect your page to your Google+ page. I did this (on the upper right of my homepage) myself. I need to have my web person fix it to make it look like my other buttons in the same space (Twitter, Facebook, so on).
- Invite your Facebook fans to connect with you on Google+.
- Invite your Twitter followers to connect with you on Google+.
- Invite your newsletter subscribers to connect with you on Google+.
- Invite your blog visitors and regular readers to connect with you on Google+.
- Make sure you let your readers and customers know they can connect with you on Google+ in any other places you connect with them.
So what are you waiting for? Go get your Google+ account and connect with Scrapworthy Lives on Google+.
If you liked this post, check out my new e-book, The Scrapworthy Lives Guide to Market Research.